Traditional braces can be a hassle to deal with between the pain and discomfort, cumbersome wires, and overall unappealing look. However, braces have gotten a much-needed makeover with Invisalign clear braces. These braces actually consist of a set of clear aligners that are used to gradually shift and correct the team over time. Dr. Elizabeth Ewell, Surprise, AZ will provide a thorough consultation ahead of time to confirm you are an appropriate candidate for Invisalign. This will include taking X-rays, impressions, and bite analysis to ensure aligners fit correctly.
With Invisalign, you have the freedom to take out the aligners to eat, drink, and perform your oral hygiene routine. The aligners are comfortable and durable and virtually invisible for a more flattering look. While using Invisalign, the majority of patients can expect straighter, better-looking within months. Depending on the complexity of your case, teeth can be straighter in a few months or 1-2 years.
WHAT TO EXPECT
To be fitted for Invisalign, Dr. Ewell will take photos, digital X-rays, and make impressions of your teeth. From these, a set of clear, plastic, customized aligners will be created to fit your mouth. The aligners are part of a treatment plan that will make gradual changes and adjustments to the teeth. You will wear the aligners for a predetermined amount of time before moving onto the next aligner. Conveniently, aligners are pain-free and easily removable which is ideal for eating, brushing, and flossing.
HOW LONG DOES INVISALIGN TAKE?
The length of treatment time depends on the starting condition of your teeth. If you have a simple, straight forward case, treatment may be done in 3-6 months. If we are resolving multiple issues, treatment may take as long as two years. We may do refinements to get ideal results. Dr. Ewell is happy to do a consultation to determine if Invisalign is the right option for you and how long we can anticipate treatment.
HOW DOES INVISALIGN WORK?
- At your first appointment, we will do a consultation to determine if Invisalign is the right option for you. We will examine your teeth, crowding, misalignment, and spaces in your teeth. We will take photographs and a panoramic x-ray.
- If you are a candidate for Invisalign, we will take impressions to send to Invisalign. Dr. Ewell will formulate a treatment plan using modern computer software. You will get to see the generated smile design at your next appointment!
- At the insertion appointment, we will show you the computer design of your final smile. We will place tooth-colored buttons on some of the teeth. These buttons will help anchor to the trays and have a unique geometry to them to help move your teeth in an ideal way. We may need to gently polish in between the teeth to help them move more easily. We do not need to do any numbing for this. We will give you a series of trays and show you how to put them in and take them out. You will wear these trays at least 22 hours per day.
- We will see you about once a month to monitor your progress and give you new trays
- As we near the end of treatment, if there happens to be a stubborn tooth or two that we want to get more ideal, we will do a refinement. The refinement is already included in your overall treatment price. We will take new impressions and Dr. Ewell will make another treatment plan. We will then give you your next set of trays.
- Once Dr. Ewell and you are happy with your results, we will remove the tooth-colored buttons (again, no numbing needed) and get you fitted for your final retainers. You will wear these retainers every night.
CAN I DO SMILE DIRECT CLUB INSTEAD OF INVISALIGN?
Direct-to-consumer aligners have gained popularity in recent years due to convenience and economical cost. We strongly urge our patients to avoid doing any at-home orthodontics because we have seen heartbreaking damage to the tooth or jawbone as a result. Although there is a dentist “behind the scenes” monitoring your case, you do not get to see a trained and qualified doctor in-person regularly. Regular check-ins during Invisalign allow Dr. Ewell to maintain that the teeth are moving the way they should, that the jawbone is healthy and excessive bone loss is not occurring, that the teeth are healthy and cavity free, and that we are moving the teeth in an appropriate way. We have often seen patients with jaw joint issues, bone loss issues, or severely decayed teeth after at-home aligners and need to do extra, more expensive dental work to resolve the issues.
HOW MUCH DOES INVISALIGN COST?
Full-treatment of 6 months of more will cost around $5500. Limited treatment of less than 6 months is around $4500. Treatment pricing includes refinements and final retainers that you wear at night to hold the position of your teeth. Our treatment coordinator is happy to discuss if your insurance will cover a portion and how to make treatment affordable. Schedule your consultation with Dentistry of Arizona in Surprise – we are excited to meet you and help you get the beautiful smile of your dreams!
A PERFECTLY ALIGNED SMILE
Do you want information on how to get better-looking, straighter teeth through Invisalign invisible braces? Give us a call at (623) 889-6000 to set up a consultation to find out if clear aligners are an option for you. We can’t wait to help you achieve your dream smile. Both teenagers and adults are great candidates for Invisalign. It is especially useful for those with overbites, underbites, rotated or crooked teeth, crowded teeth, or excessive spacing between teeth.